Saturday, September 27, 2008

Back in the OC

I've spent the last couple of weeks moving into my new apartment. I'm very happy to be living with fellow comp lit grad student vicki, and in the part of graduate student housing where the rent is $200 less than the other part. And I actually have a view of still undeveloped hills.

Anyway, being back in the oc is more or less as awful as I thought it would be. It's like last year but replace nervousness with disillusionment. Also I have to start teaching this year. I had my first class yesterday and it went ok. I think it will more of a chore than anything else. I also find it ridiculous to be teaching anything to anyone.

That's all. This is the first nominee for song of the quarter:


2 comments:

BJG. said...

Did you have Dry Erase markers in your classroom? I think that was my biggest gripe about the first day. Where the hell do they keep those markers?

am said...

I got the inside scoop and brought my own.